A delicious cake served warm or room temperature.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 916
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 104g
Saturated Fat 62g
Trans Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 28g
Total Carbohydrates 348g
Dietary Fiber 24g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 4 large apples of different kinds
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Position a rack in center of oven. Generously butter an 8-inch springform pan.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Peel apples, remove cores and cut the apples into 1 - to- 2-inch chunks.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk until foamy. pour in the sugar and whisk for a minute to blend. Whisk in the rum and vanilla. Whisk in half the flour and when it is incorporated, add half the melted butter, followed by the rest of the flour and remaining butter, mixing gently after each addition to have a smooth, rather thick batter. Fold in apples with a rubber spatula, turning the fruit to coat with batter. Scrape the mixture into the pan and poke around to make evenly.
- Place springform pan on baking sheet, slide into preheated oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the top of cake is golden brown and a knife inserted deep into the center comes out clean, the cake may pull away from edges of pan. Transfer to a cooling rack and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around the edges of the cake and remove the sides of springform pan. Allow the cake to cool until just slightly warm or at room temperature. To remove bottom from cake wait till the cake is almost cooled, then run a long spatula between the cake and the pan, cover the top of cake with a piece of parchment and invert it onto a rack. Carefully remove bottom of the pan and turn cake over onto a serving plate.
Silver Spoon Recipes http://www.silverspoonrecipes.com/