A savory tart with smokey, sweet and creamy flavors. Leftover quiche can be covered and kept in the refrigerator, bring to room temperature before serving. Pair the quiche with soup or salad or both.
Bacon & Spinach Quiche
Delicious hot or at room temperature.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 23g
Saturated Fat 10g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrates 20g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 9-inch tart shell, partially baked and cooled
- 1 1/4 lbs. ready-to-use baby spinach, trimmed and washed
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Put the tart shell on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- To cook the spinach, fit a steamer basket into a large pot. Pour in enough water to come almost up to the steamer, cover, and bring to a boil. Add the spinach, cover, and steam just until soft and thoroughly wilted,about 4 minutes. Remove the spinach, drain, and run under very cold water to cool it and set the color.
- When the spinach is cool enough, squeeze it between your palms to get out as much moisture as you can. Coarsely chop or thinly slice spinach.
- Cook bacon until crisp on both sides. Drain bacon on paper towel. Cut bacon crosswise into thin strips.
- Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of the fat from skillet, return skillet to medium heat, add onion and garlic. Season onion and garlic with salt and pepper. Cook until soft about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add spinach and bacon bits to skillet, toss to blend.
- Turn the spinach-onion mixture into crust, spreading it as evenly as you can. Whisk the eggs and cream together until well blended and pour into the prepared shell. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan.
- Carefully slide the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the filling is evenly puffed, browned and set. Transfer the quiche to a cooling rack.
Silver Spoon Recipes http://www.silverspoonrecipes.com/