Stuffed Mushrooms with Cheese & Walnuts
Brie Wrapped in Phyllo
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 195
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 22g
Saturated Fat 14g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrates 6g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 12 sheets of phyllo pastry
- 1 lb. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 whole Brie, not fully ripe (about 5 lbs.)
- Butter a baking sheet large enough to hold the Brie.
- Lay 5 sheets of phyllo on the baking sheet, brushing melted butter on each layer as you go. Set the Brie on top of the phyllo and fold edges of the phyllo up around the cheese.
- Cover the top of the cheese with 6 sheets of phyllo, brushing melted butter on each layer. Tuck the ends of the pastry under the cheese. Brush the top and sides with melted butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fold the last sheet of phyllo in a 1-inch-wide strip. Brush it with butter and form a flower shape. Center the flower on top of the Brie and again brush with the butter.
- Bake until golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes. Let stand for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Silver Spoon Recipes http://www.silverspoonrecipes.com/