A buttery slightly crumbly cookie that will melt in your mouth.
A sandy slightly crumbly texture that melts in your mouth
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 9g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 cups flour
- Beat butter in a medium size bowl together with 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup confectioners 'sugar and salt until the mixture is creamy but not airy. With mixer on low speed add the egg yolks one at a time. Beat until combined. Keeping mixer on lowest speed, blend in flour, mixing only until the flour disappears into the soft dough.
- divide the dough in half, shape into logs about 9-inches long, wrap in plastic, and chill for at least 3 hours.
- when ready to bake, brush the logs with a beaten egg and roll in sugar. Cut the dough into 1/2-inch thick rounds and bake on baking sheets lined with parchment in a 350 degree oven for 17 to 20 minutes, or until the cookies are just golden around the edges but still pale on top.
Silver Spoon Recipes http://www.silverspoonrecipes.com/