Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 388
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 44g
Saturated Fat 16g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 18g
Total Carbohydrates 12g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fennel
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeds and rib removed, minced (seeds reserved)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 1/4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup (about 2) plum tomatoes, cored, seeded, and chopped fine
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Ground pepper
- Combine the spices and set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven, over medium heat, heat until shimmering. Add the spices and sauté until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Stir in the onions and 1 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring constantly, until the onions are softened and lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in the garlic, ginger, jalapeno, and tomato paste and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the chicken to coat with the spices and cook, stirring often, until it is just opaque, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce to a simmer, and cook until instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers 170 degrees, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and shred into bite-sized pieces using two forks. Stir the tomatoes, coconut milk, cilantro, and butter into the sauce until combined, and then stir in the shredded chicken. Return the curry to medium heat and cook until the butter is melted and the sauce is hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Silver Spoon Recipes http://www.silverspoonrecipes.com/