Poulet Marengo (Chicken Marengo)
Chicken Parmesan with Linguine
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 156
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 18g
Saturated Fat 6g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 42g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 oz. uncooked linguine
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans unsalted petite-diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 (8oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 oz. mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Torn basil leave
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- While pasta cooks, place tomatoes in food processor; process until almost smooth. Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add pepper and garlic; cook 1 minute or until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and salt; cook 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in chopped basil. Toss 1 cup sauce with pasta; keep warm. While sauce cooks, split each chicken breast half horizontally to form 2 cutlets (4 total). Combine flour, garlic powder, and reaming 1/8 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle tops o cutlets with half of flour mixture; pat evenly into cutlets. Turn cutlets over. Sprinkle with remaining flour mixture; pat onto cutlets. Shake off any excess flour. Place egg in a shallow dish. Combine panko and Parmigiano-Reggiano in another shallow dish. Dip cutlets in egg; dredge in panko mixture.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and butter to pan; cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until browned and done. Place chicken on a baking sheet; top evenly with mozzarella. Broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Arrange about 1/2 cup pasta mixture on each plate; top each with 1 cutlet and about 3 tablespoons remaining sauce. Sprinkle with torn basil.
Silver Spoon Recipes http://www.silverspoonrecipes.com/