A delicious blend of spinach and prosciutto flavored with Marsala wine
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 424
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 48g
Saturated Fat 18g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
Monounsaturated Fat 19g
Total Carbohydrates 35g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 10-oz. box frozen spinach, chopped, thawed
- 1 cup all purpose flour for dredging, chicken
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 chicken breast halves, cut in half and lightly pounded to flatten evenly
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -6 thin slices prosciutto
- 4-6 thin slices of mozzarella
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb. cremini mushrooms, sliced into 1/4 -inch pieces
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, (from 1 lemon)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Squeeze the frozen spinach to remove excess water.
- Add salt and pepper to flour.
- With a meat mallet pound chicken breast to 1/4-inch thickness, season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl toss the spinach with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Place the pounded chicken breasts on flat work surface; and place 1 slice of prosciutto atop each chicken breast, an even layer of spinach and a slice of mozzarella, sprinkle with pine nuts. Fold in half and secure with toothpick.
- Dredge in seasoned flour. In a large skillet heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken rolls and sauté` on all sides till golden brown about 2 minutes per side. Add shallots, and mushrooms; cook until mushrooms are tender, about 5-6 minutes. Add Marsala, chicken stock and lemon juice. Cook over high-heat until reduced by half. Add in the butter, reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer until chicken is just cooked through about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to plates and drizzle sauce over chicken.
Silver Spoon Recipes http://www.silverspoonrecipes.com/