French Potato Salad
Transform ordinary broccoli into an elegant vegetable dish flavored with garlic, lemon, and herbs.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 9g
Saturated Fat 5g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 16g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. broccoli, trimmed, cut into 6 stalks
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- Zest from 1 lemon, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- In a steamer, steam broccoli, covered until stalks are just tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate. Drain and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, until softened but not colored. Add the bread crumbs, season with salt and pepper toss with the garlic until well blended, moistened with butter, and toasted. Stir in zest and mint.
- Add the broccoli and mix well. Transfer the broccoli to a serving platter and spoon over any crumbs that remain in the skillet. Serve immediately.
Silver Spoon Recipes http://www.silverspoonrecipes.com/