French Potato Salad
Warm and fragrant ginger gives the ordinary carrot a glamorous side.
Ginger Candied Carrots
Sweet and spicy - a great way to enjoy carrots any time of year.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 5g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 21g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 12 medium-size carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Place the carrot pieces in a saucepan and add cold water to cover. Cook the carrots over medium heat until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the brown sugar, ginger, and caraway seeds. Mix and set aside.
- When carrots are done, drain and return to the pot. Pour the butter mixture over them and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally. 5 minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Serve immediately.
Silver Spoon Recipes http://www.silverspoonrecipes.com/