Poppy Seed Dressing
Orange Salad with Candied Almonds & Orange Dressing
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 21g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 14g
Total Carbohydrates 18g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 Large head red leaf lettuce, washed, dried & chilled
- 1 Medium red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 11oz. can mandarin oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Good Seasons dry Italian dressing mix
- Place first three ingredients in a salad bowl. Chill.
- In small skillet sprinkle 3 tablespoons sugar over almonds; cook over medium high heat until almonds are coated and sugar has dissolved. ((They brown quickly; do not burn). Place on cookie sheet to cool and break apart as they cool.
- Mix dressing in a shaker jar, chill.
- Pour salad dressing over chilled salad and sprinkle with sugared almonds. Toss and serve.
Silver Spoon Recipes http://www.silverspoonrecipes.com/