Brie Wrapped in Phyllo
Stuffed Mushrooms with Cheese & Walnuts
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 2g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 12 medium-size mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butte
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thoroughly defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 oz. Gruyere cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- Salt and Pepper
- Remove the mushroom stems. Wipe the mushroom caps with a damp paper towel and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and butter together in a small skillet, over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, covered , until tender and lightly colored, about 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the walnuts and garlic to the onion and cook for another minute. Add the spinach and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Stir in the cheeses, dill, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the mushrooms, cavity side up, in a baking dish. Divide the spinach mixture evenly among the mushroom caps.
- Set the baking dish on a rack in the upper third of the oven. Bake until the filling is browned and the mushrooms are thoroughly heated, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Silver Spoon Recipes http://www.silverspoonrecipes.com/