Swedish Pickled Cucumbers
Enjoy this with Swedish meatballs
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 111g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 small Kirby cucumbers (1 lb.) sliced into 1/8-to1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 whole allspice berries
- Place cucumber slices in medium heatproof bowl. Bring vinegar, sugar, salt, and allspice to simmer in small saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar. Pour vinegar mixture over cucumbers and stir to separate slices. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let sit for 15 minutes. Uncover and cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Pickles can be refrigerated in their liquid in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- *** Kirby cucumbers are also called pickling cucumbers. If unavailable, substitute 1 large American cucumber.
- ***Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Silver Spoon Recipes http://www.silverspoonrecipes.com/