French Potato Salad
Tunisian Carrot Salad
A delicious salad served at room temperature with lemon wedges.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 11g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 16g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 1/2 lbs. carrot, peeled cut into ¼ “thick rounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook carrots in medium saucepan of boiling salted water until crisp tender, about 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Stir oil, cumin and cayenne in heavy large skillet over medium heat until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Add carrots then 1/2 cup water and vinegar. Simmer over medium heat until liquid is absorbed, stirring often about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Cool. Mix in cilantro. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Silver Spoon Recipes http://www.silverspoonrecipes.com/